Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Foreshadowing…

It was my first summer back in the V, and I, having a “she’s just one of the guys”, type of personalities found myself having a blast with a group of boys who liked to go ditch boarding…yep, there I was trying to stand on a flat piece of wood holding onto a rope that is attached to a truck and surfing inside the disgusting water of someone’s farmland ditch. Anyway, one day while I was hanging out with one of the ditch boarding boys we happened to drive down Center Street and passed the old Bogart’s and Lulu’s place. He turned to me and said, “Hey, have you heard what they are turning that old bar into?” “No, I just moved back here remember.” What he said next stuck in my brain like peanut butter to my jelly. “The Presbyterian Church bought it and they’re thinking about putting a coffee shop in it.” I nearly fell out of my seat in his truck, my hands flew up in the air with excitement, I tried to speak but nothing that came out of my mouth was making any sense. I oddly enough hadn’t shared with him my dream of running a coffee shop “involving churches,” nor had I shown him my journal where I wrote in 2003, “I see brick walls, I see metal fences.” I tried to explain what he just said could very well change my life, but he, nor I realized just how weighty his comment really was.

No comments: